Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Template Tuesday - Día de Muertos

Do any of the people who look at this blog live in an area where they celebrate Día de Muertos? I live in kind of the Latin quarter of Salt Lake and I won't be here on November 1st or 2nd, so I can't tell you if anything is going on here. I've lived here for 4 years now and haven't noticed, but maybe that's because I just wasn't paying attention. It seems a little bit like Memorial Day. Here's the Wiki beginning explanation of it: Day of the Dead (Spanish: Día de Muertos) is a Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico and around the world in other cultures. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. It says that people make the favorite foods of the long dead and bring them to their graves. If anyone remembers me when I'm gone, please bring me a tub of Nutella on November 1st. If you search for images of the Day of the Dead, you'll find it's mostly skeletons. It's not really a werewolf/vampire kind of holiday. And they seem happy. This papercut was enjoyable to do for that reason. These guys look like they are really enjoying themselves. Especially the piano player.


Here's what the template looks like. This one requires a moderate skill level. Remember to use the circle cutting technique I told you about last Friday.


Download the free papercutting template here: Día de Muertos. Remember that these templates are for private use only. Thank you!

1 comment:

MamaD said...

There is a big Dia de los Muertos festival that the Riverside Library puts on this Saturday, November 2nd from 6-8pm. We've never been to it before either but I think we will try to go this year.